SharePoint Course Outlines
What is SharePoint
SharePoint is a collection of secure and private websites an organisation uses to manage information.
Typical roles for SharePoint include:
- Being a document/file management system
- Information distribution service
- Internal news feed
- Giving access to bespoke applications
- Managing and giving access to data
Half-Day SharePoint Courses
Choose either a single half-day course or pick two to create a day or training
- What is a document library.
- Using Files both online and in desktop apps
- Collaborative Working in a document library
- Tracking activity against all files and an individual file
- How to share files and manage file action
- Adding Customised Columns to a library
- Introduction to file conditional formatting
- Introduction to Views
- What is a SharePoint List
- Creating a List
- Adding and editing data in a list
- What do lists and document libraries have in common for example:
- Custom Columns
- Choosing either a list or a library.
- Creating a SharePoint Page
- Using Page Sections
- Using SharePoint Web Parts
- Formatting Common Web Parts
- Publishing Pages
- Using Publishing options to promote a new page.
The SharePoint News System
- What is SharePoint News
- Creating and publishing a News Link
- Creating and publishing a News Post
- Controlling which news items appear on the site and how the news items look.
- Introduction to the SharePoint menu
- Adding new items
- Editing and deleting existings items
- Reorganising the menu
- Creating expanding sections in a menu
- How to look up site addresses in Site Contents.
SharePoint Site Types
- Team Sites
- Communication Sites
- Hub Sites
SharePoint, Teams and Security
- The relationship between SharePoint and Teams
- Team Members and SharePoint site members.
- The standard security roles in a SharePoint site.
- Using Guest membership for a team and what happens in SharePoint
- Creating custom security groups.
- How security settings apply to an entire site
- How to create private areas in a site accessed by only a few members
- Hub sites and the flat security model
- Creating a hub site
- Attaching a SharePoint site to a Hub.
- Capabilities of a hub site.
- What is managed metadata?
- What is a SharePoint Taxonomy
- Planning Your MetaData
- What should be part of your meta
- What should be avoided
- Using Subject Experts
- The difference between being technically correct and using terms people understand
- What term sets, terms and groups
- Adding and customising term information
- Term Store security
- Using managed metadata in SharePoint Lists and Document Libraries
Booking these courses
Booking is straightforward. Contact us by email, phone or this form and we’ll start the process of quoting you and organising course dates.